after a busy week, we’re all longing for down time to relax and do nothing, when friday hits us.
friday has been our family night for several years now. everybody try their best to be at home, friends are welcome to join in for home made pizza in the living room and a good movie and popcorn. friday is always a hit around here.
the pizza we make varies, but we always make the same crust.
the kids favourite these days is as simple as tomato sauce, corn, pineapple and cheese, where we like to vary it a lot more. the one from this friday was made with tomato sauce, red onions, mushrooms, garlic and cheese.
for pizza crust for one large or two medium size pizzas you’ll need:
50 g wet yeast
1 1/2 cups water, hand temperature
4 tbsp. olive oil
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 1/2 cups white flour
1/8 tsp. sea salt
suggestions for toppings:
1 cup tomato sauce with basil, thyme and oregano
corn (organic, frozen)
1. preheat oven and pizza stone 225C.
2. in a bowl mix yeast and water.
3. mix in salt and oil.
4. mix in flour little by little. it’s suppose to be a sticky dough. save a bit for rolling out the dough.
5. raising 45 min. – prepare toppings meanwhile.
6. topping: fry red onions, garlic, mushrooms, red bell pepper in a pan. add oregano.
6. roll out dough as you prefer it – we like it fairly thin.
7. add your favourite toppings.
8. bake in oven 15 min.