this is a very yummy dessert that no one will ever guess is plant based and raw. i’ve experimented with a lot of raw pies and cakes and really like the mix of almonds and coconut for the crust. again, for the filling, you can sub the macadamia nuts for cashews if you like. use whatever you prefer.
you will need:
2 cups almonds
3 tbsp unsweetened coconut flakes
8 medjool dates
1/2 tsp vanilla extract or 1 vanilla bean
pinch of salt
the lime filling:
3 cups macadamia nuts
1 cup almond milk
3/4 cup lime juice from approx. 4 lime fruits
3 tsp vanilla powder or 1 vanilla bean
1/2 cup coconut oil
how to make the crust:
1. blend the almonds and coconut into a flour.
2. blend the dates into a paste, add vanilla and salt and blend.
3. mix everything by hand, and press dough evenly into the bottom of an 20cm springform pan. set aside.
how to make the filling:
1. blend the macadamia nuts into a flour.
2. add almond milk, lime juice, and vanilla until smooth and blend until creamy.
3. pour onto the crust. tap the pan gently to remove any air bubbles.
4. place in the freezer for at least 2-3 hours, or until the middle of the cheesecake is firm.