this was an experiment of mine, making a whole wheat rosemary bread, baked in a pot. it turned out pretty good, and not as dry as i find whole wheat bread sometimes is. easy and simple to make too. ours was eaten for dinner with different kinds of owen roasted vegetables for dinner, but it would be great for lunch with a yummy hummus and tomatoes too or just as a companion to a green salad.
30g vet yeast
2 1/2 cups water (hand temperature)
1/2 tsp. sea salt
3 tbsp. olive oil
5 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
3 stalks rosemary
1 tsp. sea salt
1. mix yeast and water in a bowl.
2. add everthing else (safe 1/2 cup flour for after raising the dough) and mix well into a dough.
3. let the dough raise in bowl under wet cover for 45 minutes.
4. grease an iron pot with olive oil or coconut oil.*
5. knock down the dough and place in pot.
6. bake in owen for approx. 30 minutes.
7. sprinkle with rosemary and flakes of salt and bake for another 10 minutes.
* can be made as a regular bread without using a pot.0