although we’re finally heading for spring here, it’s still under 5C during the day and therefore i decided to make this winter curry last night. it’s fairly simple and easy to make. it freezes well for up to 6 weeks, which is really nice. i like to keep a few boxes of ‘easy dinner’ in the freezer. winter curry and soups works very well.
the winter curry can be made more or less spicy as you prefer. we usually makes it medium hot, and put chili powder and tabasco on the table too.
2 big onions
3 big carrots
3 tbsp. yellow curry
1 tsp. cinnamon
4 c water
4 cubes vegetable broth
1 can pineapple tidbits
1 c soaked and cooked chick peas/ 1 can washed and drained
extra virgin olive oil
1. peel, wash and chop up onions, carrots and apples.
1. stir onions, carrots, apples and pineapple in olive oil.
2. add curry and cinnamon and stir for a couple of minutes.
3. add water and broth.
4. let simmer for 20-30min.
5. add beans/chickpeas of your choice and pineapple.
6. salt and pepper if needed.
7. serve with short grain, brown rice.